Smoking embers lead to fire call

By David Hotle, The JOURNAL


Calls of smoke in a house in Washington Friday lead to the discovery that the smoke had been created when hot embers had gotten into a flower pot, Washington Fire Chief Tom Wide reported this morning.

A caller reported Friday at 1:46 p.m. that the upper level of her house at 615 E. Washington St., was filling up with smoke.

Washington Fire Department, Washington County Ambulance and officers responded. Alliant was contacted.

Wide said there were no flames or damage caused.