Brighton News

Chapter AQ, P.E.O., met Oct. 17 at the home of Ruth Stacy. Thirteen members were present. Co-hostess Cathy Rich gave the program. Their next meeting will be held Nov. 7 at the home of Phyllis Scheeler.

Pat Remington with friend Nita of Rubio met Pat?s grandson Cody and Mackenzie of Oskaloosa on Oct. 15 in Ottumwa. They enjoyed dining at Sirloin Stockade, and shopping.

Ginny Brinton visited her brother, Fritz and Nancy Gowey, in Milan, Illinois, Oct. 12-15. Ginny had also been visiting with friends who were camping at Lake Darling. They were Ron and Sue Robinson, of Arizona, and Denny and Laura Black, of Illinois.

Old Threshers in Mount Pleasant was the location of an early 90th birthday celebration for Caryl Smith. It was held on Oct. 14. The train was running. Popcorn, cake and soda were served at the saloon. Special guests were her sons and families: Nelson, of Brighton; Dave, of Minnesota; Carl, of Colorado; and Jerry, of Maine. All of her grandchildren except one were present. They were joined by over 200 guests who arrived from the states of Colorado, Washington, Wisconsin, South Dakota, North Dakota, California, Maine, Missouri, Tennessee and Iowa. Seventy relatives attended the evening meal at Polishville on Oct. 13, and even more attended on Oct. 14.

Tim and Rita Berry of Bates City, Missouri, visited her mother, Winifred Fritz, Oct. 13-15. They were joined for the evening meal of Oct. 13 by Sister Janet Kreber of Sioux City. Sister Janet stayed in Brighton for several days to visit friends. They all attended the 90th birthday celebration of Caryl Smith?s birthday in Mount Pleasant on Oct. 14. Winifred was visited by her grandson Andrew Fritz of Omaha, Nebraska, on Oct. 14. Andrew is the son of Charles and Debi of Sigourney. On the evening of Oct. 14, a bonfire and wiener roast took place at Winifred?s home. Forty-six friends and relatives attended.

Joel Boatright, of Fairfield, visited his mother-in-law, Winifred Fritz, on Oct. 17. He mowed the lawn for her.

Winifred also received a phone call from grandson Isaac, of Missouri, on Oct. 17.